The NuMe Power Couple Set comes with our tourmaline ceramic Fashionista Hair Straightener and our 25mm Classic Curling Wand. It also includes a compact travel case (easily transportable to the home of your favorite person), and our Styling Comb to section off hair and keeps those strands detangled as you straighten.
Bonuses: a heat-resistant styling glove (to protect your fingers) and styling mat (to protect your floor or countertop—we make no judgments on where you do your mane maintenance). Don't forget, you can also create curls with the straightener. We've got an easy to follow, play-by-play look on achieving just that with the Fashionista, here.
Making #Bae Waves
There's a lot of different tricks for getting great curls with our Classic Curling Wand but here are some general tips:
- Start with detangled hair. It doesn't matter if it's freshly washed or a few too many days from your last blowout, you'll have better results if it's combed or brushed out. If you're trying to define and polish your natural curls, it's not necessary to brush but still a good idea to make sure there aren't any knots.
- Always use a primer or heat protective spray before using any heat tools. We recommend either our Rise and Prime Hair Primer and/or our Watch Me Werk Thermal Heat Protectant. Spritz onto dry or wet hair before blow-drying or styling for a clean scent and maximum heat protection.
- Try not to wrap more than a one-inch section of your hair at a time. You can always do a thicker strand, but the curl will not be as defined.
- For old school-ish curls, keep the section of hair flat to the barrel as you wrap. For more beach babe chic, hold the section of hair slightly twisted as you wrap around the barrel. You can play around with both techniques to see which you prefer. Another route is to keep the hair closest to the scalp flat as you wrap it around the wand, then twist the area close to the ends such PatrickStarr who demonstrates in this video.
- If you want a fuller, more wavy look, gently brush through the curls after you've finished dazzling your entire head.
- Set curls with a product that adds shine and hold like our Freeze Please Finishing Spray.
HOT HAIR TIP: You can go for extra loose curls by starting with hair in a ponytail and curling sections in the pony, like YouTuber Melinda X. Vang does in this tutorial.
Smooth Operating #Bae
If you plan to straighten your hair, and its natural state is the opposite of straight, we'd recommend starting with a blowout. The NuMe Blah to Bouncy Blow Dry Cream is stellar for prepping wet hair before any blowout Then use a round brush and a powerful dryer (we love our Blowout Boutique which includes the NuMe Bold Dryer) and dry hair section by section. Here are some general tips to fully achieve this 'do:
- Add some heat protective spray prior to drying and/or straightening.
- Try to straighten sections no thicker than an inch. It may take a bit longer, but the outcome is worth it, and it will eliminate the need to keep running the straightener over the same strands repeatedly, which brings us to our next point.
- Up your chances of getting the strands smooth in one pass by starting close to the scalp and using the styling comb to detangle as you bring the straightener over your hair.
- Eliminate frizz and add some sparkle - either when hair is wet or dry - and add a few drops of a smoothing serum, such as our Gloss Boss Serum. Some other final touches you can choose from: our Seal the Deal Ends Sealer (fab for dry ends) or our White Truffle Serum (bringing out that ultimate glow).
- The biggest perks to using the tools in our Power Couple set? The curls hold, and the shine is real. Customers consistently report that curls by our wands last for days, and the results from the straighteners are always smooth and silky.
So there you have it, super cute and easy hairstyles that you can do for your next date night! Share your thoughts with us on IG @NuMeStyle and sign up for our NuMe Rewards & Loyalty Program to earn points so that you'll be on your way to achieving free gifts, products, tools, and even tickets to exclusive NuMe events!
Author: Mary Patterson Broome